Many of you are familiar with hemp extract or hemp extracts oil but just ignore it due to the lack of knowledge. Moreover, there is great hype for CBD and CBD products. Although you can find many hemp products, too, such as hemp-infused shampoos, toothpaste, hemp oils, etc. This article will help you a lot to find more information.
What Is Hemp Extract?
Hemp is plant is also known as industrial hemp. According to the Farm Bill, all hemp-derived products having less than 0.3 percent THC are legal. This plant is grown for many reasons special for medicinal reasons. Moreover, CBD products extracted from hemp plants are legal under the Farm Bill 2018.
Hemp extract is a concentration of all components present in the hemp plant. It includes all the cannabinoids, terpenes, plant sterols, flavonoids, and fatty acids present in leaves, flowers, stems, and seeds. Sometimes this liquid extract is refined to get only specific cannabinoids from the plant, such as CBD. Mostly hemp extract does not pass through any harsh chemical processing. Many people like to use hemp extract oil to reap the benefits of all hemp compounds.
Uses Of Hemp Extract
Hemp extract is getting popular as a remedy for various health conditions, including skin issues. It may have properties that contribute to reduced risks related to certain diseases. It may have properties to deal with heart diseases, but additional and in-depth research is necessary. Hemp extract oil may also reduce swelling in many body parts.
Here’s a deeper look at what the research and studies say about the prospective health benefits of hemp extract oil:
- Hemp extract oil contains large amounts of omega-six and omega-three fatty acids, including CBD. These fatty acids are known as good fats. It contains all nine essential amino acids, the materials your body uses to make protein.
- Hemp extract oil is also a great source of GLA aka gamma-linolenic acid. It is a type of omega-six fatty acid and is beneficial for human health. Adding omega-three, such as those found in hemp extract oil, can reduce swelling.
- Swelling around different body parts can contribute to different diseases, joint pain, and heart disease.
- Hemp extract oil is beneficial for treating many skin issues that are not treatable by traditional medicines or become worse with time. Research indicates that the omega-three and omega-six in hemp extract oil can be effective in treating various skin conditions.
- According to a study conducted in 2014, hemp extract oil (non-psychotropic cannabidiol) has great anti-acne potential, and it has been accepted universally. The study states that more human clinical trials are needed to dig the ways to best take advantage of its benefits.
- Eczema is another painful full skin condition, and sometimes it becomes worse with time. According to a study, hemp extract oil improved eczema symptoms such as itching and redness.
- Psoriasis is another skin condition and is hard to treat through traditional medicines. Fatty acids such as omega-three may be beneficial in the treatment of Psoriasis. Omega-three fatty acids are present in hemp extract. Sometimes applying hemp extract oil is beneficial and soothes the pain.
- Hemp extract oil is helpful in managing many health issues specifically related to women. Research suggests that the corporal and emotional symptoms associated with PMS (premenstrual syndrome) are potentially caused by sensitivity to this hormone prolactin that may be related to low prostaglandin E1 (PGE1). Hemp extract oils have gamma-linolenic acid, which helps the production of PGE1. According to a study, women with PMS who took one gram of fatty acids included up to 200 mg of GLA experienced a decrease in their symptoms.
- According to this clinical trial, CBD in hemp extract oil has been shown to reduce seizures in rare types of childhood epilepsy. Regularly taking CBD can also reduce the number of seizures. Many people share their positive experiences with the use of CBD, and they have reduced the number of seizures.
Side Effects Of Hemp Extract
- Some people can have side effects. Applying hemp extract oil directly to the skin may cause redness and itching in some people. Although many people shared positive experiences with CBD and hemp extract, rare cases can exist.
- Some people may feel nausea, and it can trigger headaches in some people.
- It’s possible that ingesting CBD-containing hemp extract can cause upset stomach, cramps, or diarrhea. Again, when you are first time using hemp extract, you have to be cautious; start with low doses to see how your system reacts to it. Reactions and side effects may be different from person to person as every human being is unique and has a varied level of tolerance. It is also possible that some people don’t have any reactions or side effects.
Is Hemp Extract Legal?
According to the 2018 Farm Bill, all hemp-derived products having less than 0.3 percent THC are legal. THC content is a deciding factor. So, according to federal law consuming hemp is legal in the U.S. and will not cause an intoxicating feeling. Moreover, state laws vary regarding its uses. In some states, age is the deciding factor, and in some states, the purpose of the use is the deciding factor. So you must go through your state’s laws.
Wrapping Up The Things
Hemp extract has many health benefits, but nowadays, research is more focusing on a few specific cannabinoids and their benefits, such as CBD, CBG, etc. So there is also a need for research on hemp extracts and all compounds, fatty acids, minerals, etc., present in hemp extract. There is also a need to investigate how these compounds affect the human body. So this is high time to conduct studies and human clinical trials to investigate more about hemp extract and its effects on humans.