Most people are familiar with other compounds of cannabis, such as THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol) and CBD (Cannabidiol). Yet, others are still unaware of CBG, which has become the latest promising ingredient in the wellness world. It is a similar compound found in the cannabis plant and a worth learning topic for a number of reasons.
If you are curious about this compound, this guide will help you absorb its uses, benefits, precautions, and many more. Keep reading!
What Is CBG?
CBG stands for Cannabigerol, which is one of the hundreds of compounds found in plant cannabis. However, it is usually present in low quantity (less than 1%). Hence, it is a minor constituent of cannabis.
It is present in both psychoactive marijuana plants as well as non-psychoactive hemp plants. However, CBG is itself a non-psychoactive cannabinoid, meaning that it would not make you high or alter your state of mind like THC. Also, remember that CBG found in marijuana is illegal in many parts of the world, whereas CBG derived from hemp plants are legal.
Why CBG Is known As The “Mother Of Cannabinoids”?
CBG is famous as the mother or parent of cannabinoid molecules. Most of the cannabigerol converts into other cannabinoids during plant growth. The cannabis plant produces CBGA (acid form), a chemical precursor of THCA, CBDA, and CBCA. As the plant reaches its maturity, the enzymes within cannabis turn CBGA into either THC, CBD, or CBC.
Now, you will understand that a parent compound initially present in a plant then converts into other compounds later in the plant’s growth process. The process leaves about 1% of cannabigerol plant and more THC because CBG has been transformed.
If you see any “full-spectrum” CBD product,” it will contain the same amount of CBG since full spectrum describes that all the compounds are left intact in the plant. But as you know, CBG is the parent molecule, so the amount may be minimal in a full spectrum CBD.
Working Of CBG In The Body
You must be wondering that what how CBG works in the body. When you ingest CBG products, it interacts with the body’s endocannabinoid system (ECS). It is a cannabinoid system with two types of receptors’ CB1 and CB2. These receptors are present in the immune system, nervous system, and other parts of the body. They help to regulate our bodies in an optimal state. Now, CBG binds directly with both these endocannabinoids and strengthens their functions to enhance mood and alleviate pain.
Benefits Of CBG
The popularity of cannabigerol is growing, especially in medicinal fields. But why are they stealing the spotlight? To know the reason, you should read the following benefits of CBG.
- It is a natural compound that gives a sense of calmness without altering your mind state. In easy words, it causes relaxation of the nerves.
- It is effective in the strengthening of bones. It also speeds up bone fractures. Its products can alleviate any muscle or joint pain and also protect against bone weakening diseases.
- It has Neuro-protective properties; protects the brain against conscious decline. It is best for people with bad mental conditions.
- It also helps you get rid of nightmares, thus helping in peaceful sleep.
- cannabigerol increases the levels of anandamide, a compound that uplifts the mood and improves appetite. In addition, it protects against the gut from soreness. Thus, protecting against gastrointestinal problems.
- You can use it to burn your fats. Weight loss has become a challenge for many people. Intake of cannabigerol can help people boost their metabolic rate, which in turn burns the excess fat. Moreover, it also deals with stress and helps you in eating healthy choices.
How To Use CBG?
Do you know that CBG products come in so many formats? Yes, you can keep CBG with many available options like tablets, tinctures, creams, gummies, and CBG oils. CBG is helpful for both topical and internal administration. You can either ingest CBG products or apply them topically. It goes both ways.
The use of CBG depends on the person’s condition. How to best get it in your body is entirely a matter of your preference. It is more suitable to take CBG tablets for some people to alleviate pain. Other people like to intake CBG oil under their tongue to get results faster. Many people like to add CBG drops in salads, protein shakes, juices, and daily lunches to avoid unfavorable taste and smell. If you want to be more creative, add the CBG oil daily into your food and beverages. Or, you can use CBG by adding it into your body lotions, shampoos, and creams.
You will get energized in all the above ways. Whichever method you choose, you will notice your uplifted mood. However, the time for delivery of effects might differ.
Where To Buy CBG from?
CBG products are easily available from nearby shops, or you can order them online. It is best to look for the brands that sell organic cannabigerol from the hemp plant. Procana is the best buying spot for cannabigerol products. It sells a wide range of CBG products with a higher concentration of CBG.
- Take your dosage as instructed. First, start CBG with a lower dose, and observe the effects. If you don’t feel any change, then gradually increase the dosage. But if you are satisfied with the light dosage, then there is no need to improve it.
- Buy from a reliable source that has lab-tested products.
- It does not aim to treat your diseases. So don’t use it if you have any serious ailment.
- It is not appropriate for pregnant or nursing women and adults under 18.
- Keep these products in a cool, dark area.
Cannabigerol is a new cannabinoid arrival with considerable potential benefits. Just like CBD, it is also a non-psychoactive chemical yet claims to be even more remarkable. These products promise everything from calmer nights to reduced joint pains. Use these products either topically or take in the form of capsules. The choice is yours!