CBD and its products are selling like hotcakes due to their various health benefits. Moreover, hemp-derived CBD is legal under federal law in America. Scientific data, clinical trials, and research support various health benefits of CBD, but still, this research is in its infancy. You can easily find CBD oil and other products at supermarkets and even at some grocery stores. Following is the buyer’s guide for CBD oil so you can know everything in detail regarding CBD oil. Moreover, if you are a first-time buyer and want to invest in good CBD oil, the following information would help you.
What Is CBD Oil?
CBD is one of the cannabinoids present in the cannabis plant. It has been used for centuries in different cultures for different purposes. CBD is famous for its non-intoxicating properties. CBD oil is extracted from hemp and mixed with different carrier oils such as coconut oil or olive oil to get the required consistency.
Different Forms Of CBD Oil
CBD oils are available in two major forms; one is broad-spectrum while the other is full spectrum. Many people confuse both broad-spectrum and full-spectrum CBD oil. Fact is that both forms are different.
- Broad-Spectrum CBD Oil
Broad-spectrum CBD oil contains all terpenes, cannabinoids, and flavonoids except THC. Yes, broad-spectrum CBD oil doesn’t contain any THC content. That’s why many people like to use broad-spectrum CBD oil due to the non-presence of THC content.
- Full-Spectrum CBD Oil
Full-spectrum CBD oil contains all cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids, including THC. Many people prefer full-spectrum CBD oil to reap all the goodness of cannabinoids. At the same time, some avoid it due to the THC content. However, THC content is less than 0.3 percent. If you are under work pressure and lacking peaceful sleep, then full-spectrum CBD oil with the goodness of all cannabinoids and terpenes can make you relax and feel better. CBD oil is an appealing option for those seeking comfort without the mind-influencing effects of cannabis or THC, as it doesn’t have any psychoactive properties.
Difference Between CBD Oil and THC Oil
THC oil has the same effects as cannabis or marijuana. THC oil can make you intoxicated, while CBD oil doesn’t give you a “head high”. Moreover, THC oil is mostly used for vaping and recreational purposes. On the other hand, people look for CBD oil due to its various health benefits. When someone says he/ she is looking for hemp oil or cannabis oil, then it means that they are looking for CBD oil.
What Is CBD Oil Good for?
CBD oil is good for many reasons as it has many potential health benefits.
- CBD helps to treat tension and various tension-related disorders. Several studies support CBD as a promising anti-depressant. A small experimental study found that CBD reduces nervousness in patients with social tension in a simulated public speaking task. So ingesting a few drops of CBD oil or popping some CBD oil-infused softgels can boost your confidence.
- Many people have a problem falling asleep or have disturbed sleep cycles. CBD oil is also helpful for sleep and sleep-related issues. Many people share positive experiences such as improved and regulated sleep cycles with the use of CBD.
- Many studies and clinical trials support it. According to a review, the use of CBD for sleep is effective. MacKillop, a co-author of this review, considers CBD a new sleep treatment. One more study supports that CBD is helpful for sleep improvement.
- Osteoporosis is very common in women after menopause. In osteoporosis, bones become weak and brittle. According to a study, CBD can help treat osteoporosis.
- CBD is part of FDA approved drug Epidiolex. CBD helps reduce the frequency of seizures in epilepsy according to this clinical trial.
- CBD is also helpful in reducing pain and chronic pain management. According to this study, CBD is effective in chronic pain. Many people find CBD oil massaging effective in chronic joint pain.
CBD Oil and Its Side Effects
CBD oil is generally well-tolerated and safe for human use. According to the World Health Organization, CBD oil is safe for human use, and no potential abusive effects have been observed. Somehow CBD oil can have some side effects such as dry mouth, nausea, abdominal cramps, change in appetite, and some allergic reactions. These side effects are usually associated with the overdose of CBD or sometimes with the tolerability of a person. It is not necessary that everybody feels these side effects.
Where To Buy CBD Oil?
There are several options to Buy CBD oil, including dispensaries, medical stores, supermarkets, and even grocery stores. Nowadays, many online stores are also selling CBD products, including CBD oils, so it is quite easy to buy CBD oil.
What Is The Legal Status of CBD Oil?
According to Farm bill 2018, hemp-derived CBD oil having less than o.3 percent THC is legal. If CBD is oil from any other source rather than hemp and has more than 0.3 percent THC, then it would be illegal. Additionally, different states have different laws for CBD and its products. In some states, CBD oils up to 0.5 percent THC are legal for medical purposes, so always go through your state’s laws also along with federal laws.
What Is The Right Dose Of CBD Oil for Beginners?
The dose of CBD oil depends upon various factors, such as your concern for which you are going to use CBD oil; second is your weight and tolerability. If you are going to use CBD oil for the first time, then you must start with a small dose, and gradually you can increase the dose. Moreover, you can consult with your health care practitioner to guide you regarding the exact dose of CBD oil.
Wrapping Up The Things
Research on CBD oil, its effects, and side effects is in infancy. Every day you may find new research or study on CBD oil in different journals. It is a fact that CBD oil has great therapeutic potential, and there is a need for more clinical trials and human studies to unveil its true potential of CBD oil.
Also read: Is CBD Oil Legal In All States?