If ever you suffer from a fungal infection, then you must know how irritating it is. There are several types of fungi, and few can cause severe fungal infections. It can cause rashes, discoloration, and even un tolerate itching. These fungal infections are not serious, but they are annoying and uncomfortable. There are several oral and topical treatments to treat every type of fungal infection. Some times these traditional antifungal treatments go well, while sometimes, they don’t bring desired results.
Some fungal infections are recurring or resistant to topical treatments, so people are always looking for alternative treatments and permanent solutions. CBD has antifungal properties, and nowadays, CBD is the main ingredient of many over-the-counter antifungal products. Many people share positive reviews and encouraging stories regarding CBD as the best antifungal option. Lest dive into the depth to explore more about CBD and its anti-fungal properties.
CBD And Fungal Infection
CBD is a naturally occurring compound present in the cannabis plant. It is commonly extracted for its various health benefits, and moreover, it doesn’t intoxicate the user. May you also be well aware of the medicinal properties of CBD and its derivatives?
Nowadays, CBD is popular among topical skincare products due to its incredible anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidants. It has great potential in treating skin-related conditions such as rashes, eczema, and fungal infections. Nowadays, you can discover a variety of products having in CBD and gamma-linolenic acid. Such formulation is effective in restoring proper skin moisturization, skin inflammation, and itching.
Evidence From Research
- Several studies prove the effectiveness of CBD as the best antifungal product. According to research, CBD has anti-biofilm properties, so it is very effective against all the fungal infections caused by Candida albicans. This research investigates that CBD has properties to inhibit the formation and removal of fungal biofilms.
- One more research investigates the Potential of Cannabidiol (CBD) for Skin Health and Disorders. According to this research, CBD has unique properties to treat skin disorders such as eczema, psoriasis, and skin inflammation. On the basis of this research, you can say that CBD can help in treating fungal skin infections.
- According to a study, cannabis plants contain different cannabinoids such as cannabidiol (CBD), cannabichromene, and cannabigerol, which show antifungal properties. Their effectiveness increase when they work combine. CBD has a unique composition of one oxygen and one hydrogen atom. It oxidizes them and makes them incapable of multiplying and expanding. Moreover, CBD inhibits ergosterol and oxidizes the cells, so these fungus cells can’t grow further. In this way, fungal infections stop growing and spreading. rapid growth is the phenomenon behind the resistance of fungal infections.
- According to one study CBD oils containing the terpenes, alpha-pinene, and delta three Carene show a significant impact on fungal infection. All these compounds are part cannabis plant.
- Full-spectrum CBD product which includes CBD along with other cannabinoids can affect fungus more effectively. You may hear about the entourage effect. According to studies, cannabinoids work best when they’re teamed up with other cannabinoids.
This entourage effect helps ensure your body is getting the full benefits of CBD. Actually, cannabinoids in the presence of compounds travel faster through your bloodstream so skin can get all the benefits. In minor fungal infections, topical creams and CBD oil can work best, but if fungal infection is severe and resistant, then you can take CBD tablets too. Oral and topical CBD applications give faster and long-lasting results.
Frequently Ask Questions
Following are some FAQS with detailed answers to remove the confusion regarding CBD as antifungal medicine.
- Why Fungal Infections Are Recurring in Spite of Using Antifungal Treatments
The best way to avoid fungal infections is to maintain proper hygiene. Once you are infected with fungus, then it’s really hard to get rid of due to its easy growth. If you are taking nay antifungal treatment, then it’s necessary to take precautions also to cease its growth. If you don’t maintain hygiene and provide favorable conditions for fungus growth, it will bother you repeatedly. remember fungus lover, humidity, moister and unhygienic conditions
- What Does Cause the Fungal Infection?
There is not a single and specific reason for fungal infection. Several factors can contribute to causing fungal infections, such as moisture, humidity, unhygienic conditions, weekend immune system, etc. Some fungal infections are contagious, too, so these transfer from person to person.
- What Is Best as An Antifungal Treatment? Either CBD Oil or Topical Cream with CBD
It depends upon the severity of the fungal infection and what is dermatologist’s diagnosis is. There are different kinds of fungal infections, which affect different parts of the body, including skin, nails, and private parts. Applying CBD oil or cream is best in some skin infections, while in some fungal infections, you also have to take oral CBD products.
- How CBD Products Are Better Antifungal as Compared to Traditional Anti-Fungus Medicines
In some ordinary and minor fungal infections, traditional antifungal medicines do best, but these traditional medicines don’t work for some severe and drug-resistant infections. According to some studies, CBD products effectively treat fungal infections that don’t improve or even return after OTC (over-the-counter) treatments.
- Can Everybody Use CBD Products as A Treatment for Fungal Infections?
Usually, CBD products are safe to use, but if you are a nursing mom or expecting, then don’t use them. There is no proper research regarding CBD products’ safety in pregnancy and lactation. Moreover, if you are sensitive to CBD, then avoid using it in any form.
Wrapping Up The Things
CBD is the new craze in skincare and antifungal treatments. If you are looking for the best CBD antifungal option, then you must buy your product from a reputed brand. It is also vital to read the label carefully to know about your antifungal CBD product ingredients. If you don’t have enough knowledge regarding CBD products or severe fungal infection, then you must consult a dermatologist and seek practical advice. Your doctor can suggest you the best CBD product according to the severity of the fungal infection.
Also read: Do CBD Gummies Help For Sleep And Anxiety?