Living with any kind of pain definitely affects the quality of life. It limits your movements and sometimes makes you irritated. Whatever the cause of pain, it always becomes a hurdle in enjoying their hobbies, exercising, and routine chores. People who struggle with chronic pain are always searching for different ways and medications to manage or treat their pain.
In chronic pain, traditional painkillers don’t work properly and effectively; people look for alternative ways. Hemp oil may work wonders for them. Many people confuse both CBD oil and hemp oil. Although both oils come from the same plant, they are not the same. CBD oil has a higher concentration of CBD along with other flavonoids and terpenes. On the other hand, hemp oil is full-spectrum oil from the Cannabis Sativa plant; this oil has all the goodness of hemp, including all cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids.
Does Hemp Oil Help with Pain?
Many people use hemp oil as a natural pain reliever, especially in case of joint pain. It is a good option for all those who have been fed up with the traditional and over-the-counter pain medicines. Many people from different walks of life shared positive reviews regarding the pain-relieving properties of hemp oil.
- CBD is one of the cannabinoids present in hemp oil. CBD is a well-known compound due to its beneficial properties. Many people think CBD and THC are the same. THC is tetrahydrocannabinol, a different, more well-known compound. This compound is notorious for its head-high effects. On the other hand, CBD affects our endocannabinoid system and CB2 receptors. These receptors are mostly linked with our immune system, where our body’s inflammatory response originates. Hemp oil has different cannabinoids, so these cannabinoids affect our endocannabinoid differently and help to reduce swelling and pain. That’s why hemp oil is considered effective in pain and in inflammation.
- Several studies have been conducted that CBD has the ability to reduce or manage the pain related to radiation therapies and chronic conditions. Some studies also support that CBD may be a safe, useful therapeutic option for treating joint neuropathic pain. Neuropathic pain is caused by damaged or injured nerves, and sometimes it’s hard to treat it with traditional painkillers.
- Fibromyalgia is a condition that causes pain all over the body. People suffering from fibromyalgia have sleep problems and are more sensitive to pain. According to some users’ personal experiences, hemp oil massaging helps them a lot in managing their pain. It reduces the severity of pain also.
- Arthritis is another painful condition of joints. Chronic arthritis pain is often devastating and complicated by some other symptoms. In such a situation ingesting hemp oil and massaging the swollen joints with hemp oil is effective.
- You know that hemp oil is enriched with different cannabinoids. According to this study, cannabinoids are effective in treating many types of pain. More clinical studies are needed on this matter.
- While the current research suggests that selective types of cannabinoids provide a small analgesic benefit, one might conclude that hemp oil has different cannabinoids, so these cannabinoids help to reduce pain. How these cannabinoids work to reduce pain and swelling is still unknown. Research on hemp oil is in infancy, so most of the claimed benefits are based on people’s personal experiences or CBD benefits.
Some Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Hemp Oil Legal?
According to Farm Bill 2018, hemp oil derived from industrial hemp and having less than 0.3 percent THC is legal. Hemp oil derived from any other source like marijuana is not legal. To be clearer about the legality of hemp oil, you must go through each state’s law. Different states have different laws regarding hemp oil, CBD oil, and its products.
- Can I Use Hemp Oil with My Prescribed Medicines?
After consulting your doctor or health care practitioner, you can use hemp oil with your prescribed medicines. Sometimes cannabinoids like CBD in hemp oil can interact with some medicines. So it is important to take advice from the doctor.
- Can I Massage Hemp Oil on My Swollen Knees Instead of Ingesting It?
Massaging and ingesting hemp oil are both beneficial. Everybody is different, and their system reacts differently to hemp oil. Many people may get relief from their pain by ingesting, while some get relief through massage. Some have to combine both ways to reap the benefits of hemp oil. So if massaging hemp oil on your swollen knees gives you some relief, then go for it.
- What Is the Best Way to Use Hemp Oil to Manage Pain?
It depends upon the personal choice. Many people incorporate hemp oil into their daily routine and take it as a daily supplement to relax their muscles. Some people like to ingest hemp seeds and massage their bodies with hemp oil to reap maximum benefits. According to many hemp oil users, ingesting and massaging hemp oil both help reduce the pain.
The research on hemp oil and its benefits is still in its infancy, particularly in the US. Still, there is less research on hemp oil and its benefits in other places around the globe, where restrictive laws have prevented researchers from fully exploring the potential of this magical plant.
Researchers are more interested in researching CBD and its benefits. There is a need for extensive research on hemp oil and all its compounds. Furthermore, there is a need for human clinical trials and studies to allow scientists and researchers to find more evidence to support the potential benefits of hemp oil or may reveal new and surprising benefits. In any case, the future of hemp oil seems promising.
It is essential to ensure that hemp seed oil comes from a reliable manufacturer. The seeds and oil should be free of plant matter that may add additional compounds, such as THC.