As you may know, the main causes of acne are excess oil production, clogged hair follicles, dead skin cells, bacteria, and/or excess hormone production. Other things such as medications, diet, and/or stress, may worsen it.
There are lots of over-the-counter and prescription medications to treat acne. However, these medications may have side effects, such as dry skin or mood swings. CBD may be an alternative to OTC acne medication, with minimal to no side effects.
How Can CBD Help?
- CBD has been shown to have a great effect in moderating sebaceous glands and the amount of sebum produced.
- CBD is a powerful antioxidant (some say it’s stronger than Vitamin C!) and may help treat or prevent acne.
- When CBD is applied topically, it may speed the healing of blemishes by using its antibacterial properties.
- CBD has known anti-inflammatory properties that can also help with visible swelling.
- Taking CBD daily may also help decrease stress, therefore may help prevent breakouts.
Have you used CBD topically for blemishes? Let us know in the comments below!