Bones make our Skelton and support the body to keep it in good shape. Unfortunately, if you have ever broken a bone then you would know that waiting for it to heal is a long and painful process. Moreover, sometimes degenerative conditions impact bone health and cause bone loss. Fractures and other ailments also might impact the quality of life by hindering mobility.
Collagen, minerals, and calcium are the key components in bone density. Sometimes, lack of vitamins and minerals disturb bone health and growth. Doctors can prescribe supplements to maintain bone health. Prescription of medicines depends upon the severity of the bone-related issues. Sometimes patients have to undergo surgery to get back to normal life.
Nowadays, researchers are focusing more on finding non-invasive ways to improve bone health. Additionally, they are looking into accelerating bone fracture healing. CBD is a promising option. Hemp-derived CBD is a non-toxic, safe, and non-psychogenic option to treat pain and swelling associated with fracture and promotes healing. Let’s explore some research evidence regarding CBD and bone growth.
What Research Says About CBD for Bone Health & Healing
- Bone fractures take time and heal their own. Balanced and calcium-enriched diets help to boost bone growth. According to some studies, CBD can play an important role in this. First of all, you have to understand the bone healing process after a bone fracture.
- Once a bone is cracked or broken, the first healing stage process is swelling and blood clot formation. Then the process of anti-inflammatory cytokines begin to arrive to the damaged area. In this process, cells turn into specialized healing cells to create osteoblasts. These osteoblasts produce new bone and cartilage by producing protein to create a soft callus which will harden over time.
According to a study, Osteoporosis is increasing day by day and causes bone loss. Age-related Osteoporosis causes the loss of bone mass and bone tissue, creating weakened bones. Women are the major sufferers of Osteoporosis due to menopause. According to a study, cannabinoid receptors increase the peak bone mass and bone marrow in age-related Osteoporosis. The CB1 receptor regulates peak bone mass through the effects of osteoclasts. Administered CBD helped to strengthen the fracture callus.
- You all know about the endocannabinoid system, well your endocannabinoid can also be found throughout your skeletal frame. Some key components, such as Anandamide and 2AG, are present in bones. Both are the result of osteoblasts and osteoclasts. According to a review endocannabinoid system in skeletal biology via the cannabinoid receptors CB1, CB2. So you can say that the endocannabinoid system plays an important role in bone formation and skeletal growth,
- One more study supports that CBD boosts bone healing after fracture. CBD encourages the expression of mRNA in bone cells. This process encodes an explicit enzyme linked to collagen. As you know, collagen plays a vital role in bone strength.
- According to these Israeli researchers, CBD helps in healing broken bones. According to their early research, cannabinoid receptors stimulate bone formation and stop bone loss. This study, conducted on rats with mid-femoral fractures, and CBD alone, helped immensely in the healing process.
- They took two groups of rats with femoral fractures. One group was injected with CBD, while the other was on a combination of CBD and THC. As you all know, THC is famous as the main psychoactive component. The results were quite surprising as the CBD group showed an enhanced healing process after eight weeks while another group was slow to heal.
- Dr. Gabet (head of the above-mentioned research) says that researchers “should continue this line of study in clinical trials to assess its usefulness in improving human fracture healing.
- Some more pre-clinical studies show that CBD and the endocannabinoid system have a significant effect on bone healing, bone growth, and bone homeostasis. According to this research data, CBD promotes bone growth and healing while THC inhibits bone growth, bone metabolism, and bone repair.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How To Find The Best CBD Oil For Bone Healing?
If you are looking for quality CBD products, then you can get all these products from Procana. They have a team of researchers and medical professionals to ensure quality CBD products. So you can get a variety of CBD products for different purposes.
Q. Does CBD Help In Bone-Related Pains?
It is likely that CBD might help in bone-related pains due to its medicinal properties. Moreover, CBD has anti-inflammatory properties, so it can help in reducing pain as our endocannabinoid system affects various functions, including pain.
Wrapping Up The Things
You can lose bone mass due to many reasons. Injuries, such as fractures, and underlying health conditions are a major factor in bone-related issues and growth delays. Women after menopause are very susceptible to bone health issues and are often provided medications to get relief. According to research, CBD helps in bone growth and density. There is a positive correlation between CBD and bone health.
The above-mentioned research evidence paves the way for more future research and clinical trials. Research also supports the future use of CBD to combat Osteoporosis and other bone-related problems. There is still a need for more research and human clinical trials to look into the full potential beneficial effects of CBD for bone growth and health.